Trustee and Social Media Officer
Chris is a Senior Lecturer and BSc programme lead in the School of Health at the University of Lincoln. Co-chairs the University LGBTQIA+ Network and is proud of being intersex.
Initially became a professional member of the KSA in 2015 when at the age of 50 had KS diagnosis, then became a volunteer in 2022 and a trustee in 2023.
Chris is the only representative with KS for the European Reference network for rare endocrine conditions (Endo-ERN), and takes an active part attending meetings and medical conferences to increase the awareness of KS to fellow healthcare professionals.
In 2023 was a webinar panel member on “Genetic diagnosis of azoospermia from chromosomes to the whole exome analysis” with medical colleages and is a professional member of the Society for Endocrinology and has written several books.
Chris looks after our social media, and is a regular guest on a local radio station and discusses intersex issues.
Chris is currently undertaking a PhD looking at risk factors of metabolic syndrome in KS and has an interest in gender incongruence and the care of people who are transgender.
After starting a Nursing career in 1993 is a Registered Nurse (Adult), initially working in emergency medical admissions and accident and emergency.
After becoming a Paramedic in 2007 worked both as a front line clinician and as a clinical tutor with the ambulance service.
Between 2012 – 2020, Chris worked as an Advanced Clinical Practitioner (ACP), becoming a Senior ACP in 2019. Working predominantly in urgent care settings, a generalist with an interest in Emergency care, Minor Illness and Minor Injury management.
Prior to working with the University, was employed as a clinical educator with the NHS. Chris maintains advanced clinical skills including prescribing and radiographic image interpretation with local NHS partners
- PgCertEd-Clinical Teaching and Practice Education – University of Lincoln 2021
- Msc Advancing Professional Practice – Sheffield Hallam University 2017
- Post Grad Cert Healthcare Leadership – Open University 2015
- NHS Leadership Award – NHS Leadership Academy 2015
- Diploma Higher Education in Paramedic Practice – Sheffield Hallam University 2009
- Diploma in Accident & Emergency Nursing – University of Wales 1998
- Diploma Higher Education in Nursing – University of Glamorgan 1996