What we do
Early diagnosis and a good understanding of the effects of KS/XXY can make a real difference. Therefore, the KSA works to raise the profile of the condition, particularly within the medical profession. It is important that people understand the possible implications of KS/XXY, not only for the individual affected, but also for all those with whom they have contact during their lives.
The KSA works to raise awareness and provide support by:
- hosting an annual Conference in June and a mini-conference in September
- organising an Activity Weekend at least annually
- promoting informal social events throughout the year
- distributing a Members’ e-Newsletter at least 3 times each year.
- providing a Helpline (0300 111 4748)
- producing literature
- exhibiting at medical conferences
- promoting research
- providing links to several secret Facebook groups
- planning a chat forum in the near future – so watch this space!